Colorful salad, that's easy to make and yummy! Posted for ZWT 2006.
Make and share this Pasta and Bean Salad With Cumin and Coriander Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 283.49 g tri-color spiral pasta
- 29.58 ml sunflower oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 236.59 ml fresh spinach, finely shredded
- 141.74 g button mushrooms, halved
- 283.49 g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 283.49 g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 29.58 ml chives, snipped
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 56.69 g sunflower seeds, toasted
Cumin and Coriander Dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- Cook pasta in large pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Add the leek and bell pepper and stir-fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and mushrooms and toss together for about 1 minute, or until spinach just begins to wilt. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: mix garlic, cumin, coriander, and vinegar together in a bowl. Gardually whisk in the olive oil.
- In a salad bowl, toss the pasta, vegetables, beans, chives, and black pepper. Add the dressing and toss. Sprinkle sunflower seeds over the top and serve.