Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Colorful salad, that's easy to make and yummy! Posted for ZWT 2006.
Make and share this Pasta and Bean Salad With Cumin and Coriander Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, finely shredded
- 5 ounces button mushrooms, halved
- 1 (10 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces sunflower seeds, toasted
Cumin and Coriander Dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta in large pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Add the leek and bell pepper and stir-fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and mushrooms and toss together for about 1 minute, or until spinach just begins to wilt. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: mix garlic, cumin, coriander, and vinegar together in a bowl. Gardually whisk in the olive oil.
- In a salad bowl, toss the pasta, vegetables, beans, chives, and black pepper. Add the dressing and toss. Sprinkle sunflower seeds over the top and serve.
Wonderful flavor combo! I did make some substitutions, I didn't have leeks so I used red onion in its place. I also didn't have colored pasta, so I used tri-color peppers instead. I also can't eat sunflower seeds, so I used cashews. The dressing is out-of-this world and the veggies are so delicious! Thanks for sharing this awesome and pretty recipe!