Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from my friend's MIL. My kids like the tri-colored pasta but don't eat the beans... yet... I like this because it has tons of different beans. Optional but recommended: mix a second batch of the dressing and drizzle the extra sauce when serving. You can add more garlic and onion powder to taste. Salt the water for the pasta for more flavor.
- 12 ounces tri-color spiral pasta, cooked al dente
- 14 ounces cut green beans, well drained
- 14 ounces cut wax beans, well drained (yellow)
- 8 ounces lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces sliced black olives, drained and rinsed
- 2⁄3 ounce Good Seasons Italian dressing, packet
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix everything but the dressing together.
- Make the dressing: (directions on packet).
- Pour vinegar, and 3 Tbs water, contents of packet, cover and whisk until well blended.
- Add oil and whisk until well blended.
- Pour over pasta and beans salad and blend.