Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe off of a supermarket computer and have been making it for years. This recipe in my family marks the beginning of Spring.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce, i use franks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb asparagus, cut in 1 inch piece,break off the tough ends
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- salt and pepper
- Cook elbow macaroni until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, in a large skillet heat olive oil and butter.
- Add garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, salt and pepper and saute for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add parmesean cheese and mix well.
- Pour over macaroni and toss to coat.
- Serve with extra parmesean.
Thank you so much for this recipe. I first tried it about a month ago, and since then we've been eating it once a week! Both my husband and I love it. The only thing I did differently was cut back a bit on the butter and oil (using a nonstick pan really helps). I also use more asparagus. This is also good with some baby portobella mushrooms added. I think this would probably be good with a variety of vegetables. Once asparagus is no longer in season, I plan to try this with sugar snap peas and also broccoli. Excellent recipe - simple and so yummy.
The dish was too greasy for me....I'm sorry!
So easy and delicious! We loved this simple pasta dish and will be having it often. I think the leftovers will also be great for lunches - cold. This recipe is so versatile (sp) I also think this will be wonderful with other vegetables - I was wondering about green beans and/or peas. Thanks for sharing this keeper!