Recipe by mandabears
I got this recipe off of a supermarket computer and have been making it for years. This recipe in my family marks the beginning of Spring.
Top Review by Vino Girl
Thank you so much for this recipe. I first tried it about a month ago, and since then we've been eating it once a week! Both my husband and I love it. The only thing I did differently was cut back a bit on the butter and oil (using a nonstick pan really helps). I also use more asparagus. This is also good with some baby portobella mushrooms added. I think this would probably be good with a variety of vegetables. Once asparagus is no longer in season, I plan to try this with sugar snap peas and also broccoli. Excellent recipe - simple and so yummy.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce, i use franks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb asparagus, cut in 1 inch piece,break off the tough ends
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook elbow macaroni until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, in a large skillet heat olive oil and butter.
- Add garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, salt and pepper and saute for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add parmesean cheese and mix well.
- Pour over macaroni and toss to coat.
- Serve with extra parmesean.