Kozmic Blues's Note:
This dish is so quick and easy to throw together, and it's just bursting with great flavor. The anchovies are optional. Serve with some crusty Italian bread and a nice red wine for a delicious, no hassle meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 cans whole tomatoes, crushed (28 oz cans)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup nicoise olive (Calamata work well too)
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1 can anchovy, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped,as garnish
- 1Bring large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta.
- 2Cook pasta until al dente about 7 minutes While pasta cooks, drain tomatoes and cut them crosswise, squeezing out as much liquid as possible; reserve.
- 3Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- 4Sauté garlic and red pepper flakes quickly to release flavor.
- 5Quickly add tomatoes and reserved juice so pepper flakes and garlic don't burn.
- 6Bring sauce to a boil.
- 7Simmer sauce and add oregano, olives, capers, and anchovies, one ingredient at a time.
- 8Reduce and continue simmering until desired consistency and flavor are reached.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10(you don't need much salt JMHO) Drain pasta and toss in skillet with the sauce Slide hot spaghetti into serving bowl and garnish with basil.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta alla Puttanesca
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.3
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 415.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: