Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple pasta dish for those of us who enjoy pasta but prefer a light meal without sauces that take long to prepare. This is the new trend in Italian cooking. The secret in these fast sauces is to choose a good quality grated cheese and do not overcook your pasta.
- 15 small cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives
- 1⁄2 cup of sliced green olives
- 4 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 1 (450 g) box pasta
- grated romano cheese or parmigiano
- Place some olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the cloves of garlic cut in small pieces.
- Fry the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the cherry tomatoes sliced in half.
- Add also the black and green olives.
- Add some salt to taste.
- Cook this sauce for 15 minutes.
- In a separate pot cook your pasta al dente which is about 12 minutes.
- When cooked strain the water well from the pasta and add the sauce.
- Serve with parmigiano cheese.
Wow! This is a fascinating version of pasta puttanesca that does not even require anchovies!