jeannie smith's Note:
Cooking for two sometimes poses problems with sauce mixes, so I combined two recipes into one to use the extra sauce. The chicken can be used straight from the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 10-inch frying pan, combine mushrooms, broth, wine, white pepper and tarragon.
- 2Add chicken, cover and bring to the boil over high heat.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until meat in the thickest part is no longer pink (20 minutes)
- 4Cut to test.
- 5While chicken is cooking, cook pasta according to package directions.
- 6Drain, add 1 tablespoon butter to keep it from sticking together; set aside.
- 7Prepare sauce according to package directions and add to noodles.
- 8Add chicken and enough of the wine mixture to thin down a little and add flavor.
- 9Add salt to taste and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- 10Serve with lettuce wedge and dressing.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Alfredo With Wine-Poached Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.9
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 157.2 mg
- Sodium 364.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 44.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
alfredo sauce mix