This chicken paprikash recipe is a short-cut from Pasta-Roni. Since I've been sick, any short-cut is so valuable. This one uses my favorite variety, pasta alfredo. I usually just make this one the way it is in the box, but having guests and trying to fix something extra special can be tiring. It's really delicious, believe it or not.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (4 2/3 ounce) package fettuccine alfredo Pasta Roni
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Toss chicken with paprika, salt and cayenne pepper.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon margarine. Add chicken; saute 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and onion; saute 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and vegetables are tender. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, bring water, milk, remaining 2 tablespoons margarine, pasta and Special Seasonings to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Gently boil uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken mixture and sour cream. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This was excellent!! It was quick and easy with the boxed fettuccine. I ended up over browning the chicken on one side, but it still worked out well and tasted wonderful. Would recommend that you try this recipe!!!