Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
We make this dish whenever we have company it goes together quickly and feeds even the pickiest eaters.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb low-fat spicy chicken sausage
- 8 garlic cloves
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- Heat Olive Oil over medium high heat add red pepper and garlic for 1 minute then add sausage casing removed and cook crumbling until browned.
- Add tomatoes, simmer uncovered 15 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Cook Pasta.
- Add pasta, Vodka, and Cream to sauce, Stir and season to taste.