Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The sauce for this recipe must be made ahead and left to stand for 4 hours. This makes it ideal for either a main meal or appetiser for guests.
- 500 g tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 150 g mozzarella cheese, diced
- 12 basil leaves, finely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dried red chili, crushed
- fresh pepper
- 500 g penne pasta
- Toss all sauce ingredients together. Let stand 4 hours.
- Cook pasta until al dente and toss through sauce.
- Serve with crusty bread.