1/2 Photos of Pasta Al Pomodoro
As seen in Bon Appetit Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a 12" skillet over medium-low heat.
- 2Add minced onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 12 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-4 minutes.
- 4Add crushed red pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute more.
- 5Increase heat to medium, add puréed tomatoes and season lightly with kosher salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens slightly and the flavors meld, about 20 minutes.
- 6Remove pan from heat, stir in basil sprigs, and set aside.
- 7Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in a 5-qt. pot. Season with salt; add spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until about 2 minutes before tender.
- 8Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- 9Discard basil and heat skillet over high heat. Stir in reserved pasta water to loosen sauce; bring to a boil.
- 10Add pasta and cook, stirring, until sauce coats pasta and pasta is al dente, about 2 minutes.
- 11Remove pan from heat; add butter and cheese; toss until cheese melts.
- 12Transfer to warm bowls; serve with more cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Al Pomodoro
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.2
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 75.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: