Recipe by Little Italy
Nonno's Pasta with Sweet Peppers. My family eats this at least once every two weeks. It’s very nice with freshly grated parmesan on top and a side of Bruschetta. Buon Appetito!
Top Review by andypandy
This is really good. I added two anchovies in the oil with mine and some capers too. Mind you I cut the recipe in half because there is just the two of us, but with a bottle of wine,balsamic salad and buschetta..this was polished off nicely. Thanks Little Italy.
- 7 large sweet bell peppers (different colors)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (more or less depending on how much you want it)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- 455 g rigatoni pasta (or penne)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the bell peppers into 1cm thick strips remove the seeds and place into a skillet with enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet. Sauté for 15 minutes with the oil over medium heat, or until the peppers are cooked but still firm.
- Add the chili flakes, salt and pepper, and mix well. Cover and allow cooking over very low heat for 15-20 minutes stirring now and then.
- While the peppers are cooking, bring a large pot of water to boil, and add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta and add the peppers. Mix up nicely and serve right away.