Recipe by Ilysse
Thia is a great dish. Comfort food all the way. Try using your favorite veggies. The origional recipe called for broccoli so that is what I've posted but I have used escarole, broccoli rabe, spinach and radicchio with good results in the past.
- 709.77 ml bechamel sauce
- 453.59 g penne pasta
- 1 head broccoli floret, cut into bite size pieces
- 236.59 ml pancetta or 236.59 ml prosciutto or 236.59 ml ham or 236.59 ml bacon
- 236.59 ml gruviera cheese or 236.59 ml gruyere cheese, grated
- 236.59 ml swiss cheese, grated
- 85.04 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the broccoli until crisp-tender, drain well.
- If using pancetta or bacon fry in a pan until cooked through. Prosciutto is ready to use as is, cook the ham if it is raw.
- Heat bechamel over low heat. Add the swiss and gruyere. Stir until melted. Fold in meat and broccoli.
- Cook pasta according to package directions but under cook by 3 minutes, drain.
- Place pasta in a buttered baking dish. Pour over béchamel cheese sauce and mix well.
- Mix together the parmesan, bread crumbs and oil and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 400 until bubbly. You may wish to stick it under the broiler to brown a little.
- Let sit a few minutes before serving.