1/4 Photos of Pasta Al Forno (Baked Macaroni)
A nice Italian dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb macaroni (pre-cooked and mixed with a little tomato sauce, about 1 cup, ziti or rigatoni, etc., could be used)
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 cup romano cheese, grated
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 quart pasta sauce
- 1Mix one cup of the sauce with the cooked macaroni.
- 2Mix the ricotta with 3/4 cup of grated cheese, parsley and egg.
- 3Add salt and pepper to taste and the red pepper flakes.
- 4Layer sauce on the bottom of a deep casserole.
- 5Add 1/3 of the pasta followed by 1/2 of the ricotta mixture.
- 6Sprinkle with 1/3 of the mozzarella.
- 7Put down a layer of sauce and repeat.
- 8Add the final layer of macaroni and top with sauce and the remaining 1/4 cup of grated cheese.
- 9Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese on top starts to brown.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Al Forno (Baked Macaroni)
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 744.1
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 117.7 mg
- Sodium 1191.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 35.5 g