Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
you'll really like this creamy/cheesey pasta. Sheer comfort.
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 4 ounces kefalotiri, coarsely grated (or Regato, or any sharp, dry cheese)
- 4 ounces Fontina cheese, coarsely grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb plain fettuccine pasta or 1 lb spinach fettuccine, cooked until al dente and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper
- Combine Parmesan and parsley in work bowl of processor.
- Chop using ON/OFF turns, then process until cheese is finely minced.
- Combine with grated Kefalotiri and Fontina.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add cream and Gorgonzola and cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is completely melted.
- Add hot pasta and toss gently to coat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add parsley/cheese mixture with nutmeg, pepper and salt to taste (if needed), tossing gently until all cheese is melted.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
Good for a quick weeknight meal but I think I will use next cheese next time. Thanks for sharing!