My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 medium Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh fennel bulb, tops trimmed and first layer of skin pulled away, quarter the bulb, then chop into fine dice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked until al dente
- 1Heat a deep skillet over med-high heat; add in the sausage, breaking it up and browning the crumbles.
- 2Remove sausage to a bowl lined with paper towels; let stand to drain; return pan to heat.
- 3To pan, add onion, fennel, and garlic; cook 5 minutes, giving the pan a shake now and then.
- 4Add in broth and tomatoes; heat through.
- 5Dump sausage back into pan and add parsley; stir while bringing to a boil.
- 6When sauce bubbles, decrease heat to low and let simmer until the pasta is ready to toss with the sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Abruzzese
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.8
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 750.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 20.3 g