Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just came up with this one night and it was most definitely an immediate hit with the husband. It is so simple to make and it tastes SO good. The best part is, you can really add more stuff to it, or leave some of the ingredients out...either way, it will be great. If you don't like the idea of using sun-dried tomatoes that are packed in oil, you can use the sun-dried tomatoes that aren't, just be sure to soften them in water before you use them.
- 250 g bow tie pasta
- 200 ml cream
- 200 ml water, pasta water really
- 1 skinless chicken breast half, cubed
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced
- 10 artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 basil leaves
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, dice the onion and cube the chicken. Place in a pan and brown until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Slice the tomatoes and the bell peppers and add them to the pan.
- Add the minced garlic.
- Cook this about 2 minutes, or however long it takes you to cut up the artichoke hearts.
- Cut up the artichoke hearts and add as well.
- Cook for about a minute.
- Add cream and a bit of the pasta water. Bring it to a boil and let it reduce a bit then add a bit more of the pasta water depending on how thick you like your sauce.
- Before you add the pasta to the pan, julienne the basil leaves and add to the pan. Salt and pepper to taste, then add the pasta.
- Serve hot.