Prep 35 mins
Cook 50 mins
Delicious for Passover or for year round. The original recipe called for chopped spinach, but we all like it w/ chopped broccoli much better.
- 1 onion, chopped and sauteed in butter
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons passover instant mushroom soup mix or 2 tablespoons chicken soup powder
- Cook broccoli until defrosted and drain well.
- Add all ingredients and mix well.
- Put mixture into greased muffin tins.
- Bake 40-50 minutes in a preheated 350F oven.
These were delicious! I added some celery and green onions as well. This recipe would be a good way to use up leftover vegetables.
I served these at the seder after having the traditional karpas. These were easy and good, and surprisingly sweet! I used one cube of vegetable boullion and added dried parsley and basil. I made them as mini-muffins so they could be finger food. This recipe made 60 mini-muffins and were cooked in 20 minutes. Re-heated fine the next day.
Prepared my first Seder for my jewish friends; the vegetable cups were a great hit with everyone. I have passed the recipe on. My only change was to use store bought pre-shredded carrots.