Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This stuffing is great for passover, but I use it during other times of the year. It is very tasty, but not terribly low fat or low carb.
- matzoh boards
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thinly
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 -5 carrots, chopped
- 2 -4 tablespoons poultry seasoning, approximately (really according to your taste)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (or enough to cover your pan generously)
- 1 lb chicken liver (Kosher)
- 1 egg, can be omitted. i wait to see the consistency of the stuffi it
- chicken stock, -kosher (if you like your stuffing somewhat wet. This is strictly up to your taste, so therefore no measured)
- Crumble matzoh and soak in colander. Make sure that the matzoh is soft. Don't be afraid to use your hands to mix the matzoh.
- In the mean time saute onions,carrotts,& celery. I usually use olive oil to cover pan. Saute everything until onions,celery and carrotts show signs of carmelization. Remove from pan. Don't forget to salt and pepper to taste.
- Put chicken livers in and cover the pan with enough olive oil to saute livers. While livers are sauting cut them up in small pieces. Use salt and pepper to taste. When livers are sufficienty cooked add the onions, carrotts and celery. Add poulty seasoning to taste. I am somewhat heavy handed on the poultry seasoning. After all your going to add the matzoh next.
- Next add the drained matzoh. Mix everything togeter. Taste to see if it needs more salt or pepper. If you like your stuffing somewhat wet you can add some chicken stock to it.
- This really is delicious. Cook is separately. Serve with poultry.