Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Based on the recipe from Susie Fishbein's 'Passover by Design'
Make and share this Passover Sponge Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar, soda, and lemon juice on medium high for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the potato starch and cake meal. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold yolk mixture into whites.
- Add lemon zest. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour into an ugreased large tube pan. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Invert until completely cool. Run a knife arond the cake and remove from pan.
Delicious,it all came together beautifully, and now that this came out great(as my test cake) i'm confident my family will love it on passover,thanks,joan