- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 9 large eggs, separated
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup club soda
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup matzo cake meal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar, soda, and lemon juice on medium high for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the potato starch and cake meal. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold yolk mixture into whites.
- Add lemon zest. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour into an ugreased large tube pan. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Invert until completely cool. Run a knife arond the cake and remove from pan.