Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
An easy Passover lunch. Serve with a fruit salad and a nice refreshing drink.
Make and share this Passover Spinach Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 3 matzoh crackers
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons grated onions
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- salt, to taste
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated garnish
- Heat the spinach in a saucepan with 1/2 cup water, until completely thawed.
- Then drain and wring spinach dry using a clean kitchen towel.
- Sauté the onions & mushrooms in 2 Tablespoons of margarine until softened, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble matzoh crackers into a medium size bowl, pour the mushroom mixture, spinach and half the amount of water.
- Mix thoroughly until the matzoh crackers are softened, if needed add a little more of the remaining hot water.
- Add the Parmesan, eggs, salt nutmeg and pepper.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of the margarine in a 12 inch skillet and add the spinach mixture.
- Cook on medium heat, uncovered 4 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.