Recipe by Mirj
About 24 hours into the Passover holiday we are usually sick of matzoh and get a hankering for bread. These bread-like rolls have always come to the rescue in our family.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Spread parchment or silicone paper on two baking sheets.
- Heat the water, margarine and salt in a pot until the margarine is melted.
- If you are using kosher for Passover margarine this may take some time.
- Bring this mixture to a boil, remove from the flame and tip all the matzoh meal into the pot at once, stirring furiously.
- Return to low heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Beat in 1 egg.
- When the dough is smooth, beat in another.
- Keep this up until all the eggs have been added and the mixture is completely smooth.
- Drop walnut sized balls onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- The rolls will be hollow when baked.