Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Aish.org web site - gebroks
- 12 ounces ground pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons matzo meal (cake meal)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 5 ounces raspberry jam
- raspberries (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease two 9 inch round pans.
- Combine pecans, sugar, cake meal, cocoa, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add eggs to pecan mixture and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pans to cool.
- Place first cake on serving plate and spread with raspberry jam.
- Place second cake on top.
- Arrange fresh raspberries on top.
- Garnish with mint leaves, dusting of cocoa or confectionary sugar.