1/1 Photo of Passover Potato Casserole
From Better Homes & Gardens. I used Garlic Herb Feta-Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium baking potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup herbed feta cheese or 3/4 cup plain feta cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package prewashed spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1Peel and quarter potatoes.
- 2In a large saucepan cook potatoes, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 25 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes.
- 3Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 4Mash drained potatoes with a potato masher or beat with an electric mixer on low speed.
- 5Add yogurt, margarine or butter, salt, and red pepper; beat just until combined.
- 6Add eggs; beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute or until fluffy.
- 7Fold in 1/2 cup of the feta cheese.
- 8In a 12-inch skillet bring the 1/4 cup water to boiling; add spinach to skillet. Toss spinach for about 1 minute or until spinach is slightly wilted; drain. Press out excess liquid. Coarsely chop spinach.
- 9Spread half of the potato mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Layer spinach on top; sprinkle with remaining feta cheese. Spread remaining potato mixture on top and sprinkle with paprika.
- 10Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passover Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 166.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbed feta cheese