Recipe by Mirj
This recipe was invented in response to a request. I've been making Passover Rolls for years, I don't know why I never thought of turning the dough into pizzas!
Passover Roll Dough
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces margarine (100 grams or 1/2 a cup)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine matzo meal
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 lb grated yellow cheese
- oregano, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Heat the water, margarine and salt in a pot until the margarine is melted.
- If you are using kosher for Passover margarine this may take some time.
- Bring this mixture to a boil, remove from the flame and tip all the matzoh meal into the pot at once, stirring furiously.
- Return to low heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Keep stirring.
- The dough should come away from the sides of the pot and form a rough ball.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Beat in 1 egg.
- When the dough is smooth and the egg has been fully incorporated into it, beat in another.
- Keep doing this until all 5 eggs have been added and the mixture is completely smooth.
- You will get a good workout if you do this by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the dough on the baking sheet covered in parchment paper in pizza crust formation.
- You can make one large of several smaller crusts.
- I would go with the smaller crusts, as the dough bakes into a delicate"bread" and one large crust may not be supportive enough.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the crusts can hold their shape.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the pizza crusts.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle oregano over the top.
- If you want to add any toppings, this is the time and place.
- One of my kids likes olives on her pizza, another likes chopped tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for another 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.