Susiecat too's Note:
This recipe comes from a 1972 cookbook by a Jewish women's organization (ORT) that was published as a fundraiser for a vocational training program. It is like a church or synagogue congregational cookbook, only bigger, because recipes were submitted from an 8-state region. (I added my own suggestions in parentheses.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup matzo meal (try whole wheat matzo meal for a little more whole grains)
- 1/4 cup milk (may need slightly more if using whole wheat matzo meal) or 1/4 cup orange juice (may need slightly more if using whole wheat matzo meal)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons melted fat (or canola oil)
- 1Pour milk or juice over matzo meal.
- 2Add salt to egg yolks and beat until very light.
- 3Add to meal mixture, let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Beat egg whites until very stiff. Fold lightly into yolk mixture.
- 5Drop by spoonfuls onto hot greased skillet, brown on both sides.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passover Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 220.6 mg
- Sodium 662.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 8.1 g