- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh orange juice
- 4 eggs, room temperature separated
- 2 cups fine matzo meal
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 2⁄3 cup currants (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 egg whites, room temperature extra
- icing sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk orange juice and egg yolks together in a large jug.
- Combine matzo meal, sugar, currents and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Make well in centre and add orange juice mixture using wooden spoon.
- Mix well.
- Using electric beater beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add a spoonful egg whites to mixture mix inches.
- Add remaining egg whites using a large metal spoon to combine by folding.
- Brush on-stick pan with a little oil. Heat and cook pancakes as desired.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.