Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
no one will be able to resist these great Passover cookies!
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely ground almonds
- 3 1⁄4 cups coarsely ground walnuts (combined) or 3 1⁄4 cups pecans (combined)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade (or honey plus orange zest)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Cover a baking sheet with a "Silpat" or parchment paper. Mix together the nuts, eggs, sugar, marmalade and spices. Mix until moist and workable. If needed add a little honey for moisture. The mixture will be sticky so wet your hands before shaping the mixture into balls about 1" and place on the baking sheet. You may shape the balls into triangles by pinching the sides. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until very lightly browned for chewy cookies. Let them cool on sheet and then remove with a spatula. . Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Can be frozen in airtight container.