Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've never been able to find a matzo stuffing my family enjoyed so I decided to omit the Ritz crackers and cornbread from my Thanksgiving stuffing, Ritz/Cornbread Stuffing, and replace them with matzo. The result was delicious and tastes exactly like the original recipe.
- Crush matzah.
- Saute' onions in oil till transparent.
- Add carrots and apples and cook till the are softened.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix together and taste for seasoning.
- If too dry you can moisten with a bit more broth or water.
- Stuff turkey loosely.
- Any leftover stuffing can be cooked along-side turkey in foil or in a casserole dish.
- When basting turkey, add some of the juices to any stuffing cooked outside the bird.
FIrst recipe that came up when I searched on Google. Wow. DH and DS ate the whole pan. Used a sprinkling of Penzey's Bicentennial rub.