Recipe by Chef Dudo
During Passover I always have a craving for cakes. Wonder why? Am always on the look-out for recipes meeting the requirements for this holiday. This cake is one I first made last year and certainly will make again.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup matzo meal (cake)
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 10 inch bundt or tube cake pan.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Beat the eggs and sugar on medium speed for 15 minutes.
- Add meal and potato starch.
- Beat on lowest speed until just mixed.
- Pour 3/4 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Add melted chocolate to the remaining 1/4 of the batter.
- Stir until evenly mixed.
- Spoon chocolate batter into pan and swirl through with a fork.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before inverting.