Recipe by Ducky
This is great for breakfast or as a snack. The recipe is really quite easy. The recipe is found in the 'Can't Believe It's Kosher' cookbook.
Top Review by savtashellie
This is a fantastic recipe. Every year I struggle to find a breakfast cereal and/or snack for the family. It is a winner. Very addictive. I have to make double batches to keep up with the family.
- 2 1⁄2 cups matzo farfel
- 1 cup shredded fresh coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup passover brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dates, cut up
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- chocolate chips, for passover (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine matzo farfel, coconut and nuts in a bowl and spread mixture on a lightly greased jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing several times until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, in 2-qt saucepan combine margarine, sugar, honey and salt.
- Bring to a simmer for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add lightly toasted farfel-coconut-nut mixture to syrup mixture.
- Mix well, coating evenly and then place back on jellyroll pan.
- Increase oven to 350F and toast mixture for 20-25 minutes until it is golden brown, stirring several times to avoid buring.
- Transfer granola to a large mixing bowl and stir in raisins, dates and cinnamon with a spatula, breaking up any large clumps.
- Cool thoroughly and add chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container.