1 hr 5 mins
It's amazing, you think we could do without 7 or 8 days of bread, but we just gotta have it, even on Passover. This is an adaptation of a Phyllis Glazer recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the vegetable oil with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the water and bring to a boil.
- 2Remove the pan from the heat and add the matzo meal, salt, and basil.
- 3Stir well with a wooden spoon.
- 4Preheat the oven to 190° C (that's 375° F).
- 5Place the matzo-meal mixture and eggs in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse several times to blend.
- 6With the machine running, drop 1 clove of the garlic through the feed tube.
- 7Process until the mixture begins to form a ball around the metal blade.
- 8Remove the dough from processor.
- 9Dip your hands in a little matzo cake meal and shape the dough into an oval loaf.
- 10Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 40-50 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- 11Remove from baking sheet and let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- 12Split the loaf in half horizontally.
- 13Preheat the broiler.
- 14Mince the remaining clove of garlic and mix with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- 15Spread the mixture over each half loaf.
- 16Toast the bread under the broiler until just slightly golden.
- 17Cut into slices and serve immediately.
- 18NOTE: If you are using an electric mixer or doing the process by hand, chop the garlic finely.
- 19Mix the eggs and half of the garlic into the matza-meal mixture with a fork or an electric mixer.
- 20Remove dough from bowl, dip hands into matza cake meal and shape dough into an oval loaf.
- 21Bake as above.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passover Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.3
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 440.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g