Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Cooking Light. This can be parve if you use margarine.
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 5 cups sliced peeled granny smith apples
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canned sour pitted cherries
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For the topping: Mix together the first 5 ingredients with a whisk.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in orange juice.
- For filling: Combine apples and the rest of the filling ingredients; toss gently.
- Spray a 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of topping on the bottom of the dish to form a crust and then spoon filling over crust.
- Top evenly with remaining topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes until bubbling and light brown.
- Let it stand 10 minutes before serving.