- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated lemons or 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 6 -8 slices passover sponge cakes (about 1 inch thick)
- unsalted butter or margarine
- cinnamon, to taste
- sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the milk, eggs and lemon/orange peel and mix well.
- Soak the sponge cake slices in the milk mixture.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Fry the cake on both sides until brown.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, if desired.