1/1 Photo of Passover Egg Noodles
Caryn Gale's Note:
This is my great grandmother's recipe. I even have her cast iron frying pan that she made them in. My kids look forward to this treat in their chicken soup every Passover.
My Private Note
dozen r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix room temperature water with potato starch.
- 2Slowly add to beaten eggs, stirring well -- it should not be lumpy.
- 3Salt to taste.
- 4Heat small teflon pan or skillet.
- 5First wipe with oil on a paper towel.
- 6Using a ladle, ladle a thin, even amount into the pan.
- 7Fry on medium heat.
- 8When set flip and then immediately remove/flip to plate.
- 9With wetter side up, roll as tight as possible.
- 10Slice into 1/4 inch circles.
- 11Do not unroll.
- 12Continue frying until no egg mixture is left.
- 13Mix the egg mixture each time before you ladle into the frying pan or potato starch will all sink to bottom.
- 14Serve in chicken soup.
- 15Can be made a couple days in advance and placed in a air tight container in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passover Egg Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 223.2 mg
- Sodium 90.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g