This is my great grandmother's recipe. I even have her cast iron frying pan that she made them in. My kids look forward to this treat in their chicken soup every Passover.
- Mix room temperature water with potato starch.
- Slowly add to beaten eggs, stirring well -- it should not be lumpy.
- Salt to taste.
- Heat small teflon pan or skillet.
- First wipe with oil on a paper towel.
- Using a ladle, ladle a thin, even amount into the pan.
- Fry on medium heat.
- When set flip and then immediately remove/flip to plate.
- With wetter side up, roll as tight as possible.
- Slice into 1/4 inch circles.
- Do not unroll.
- Continue frying until no egg mixture is left.
- Mix the egg mixture each time before you ladle into the frying pan or potato starch will all sink to bottom.
- Serve in chicken soup.
- Can be made a couple days in advance and placed in a air tight container in the refrigerator.