Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
I don't know where I got this recipe, but I used to make it in a previous lifetime. It is good and easy to make and if you like derma, you will love it. (derma is like a sausage made with crackers or matzo)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups crushed egg matzos
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place 20 inch long piece of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet.
- Spray well with cooking spray.
- Shape mixture in a 16 inch roll.
- Bring 2 sides of foil over derma.
- Fold down loosely in a series of locked folds, allowing for heat circulation and expansion.
- Fold up short ends in a series of rolls.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes.
- Unwarap and cut while hot into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Leftovers are terrific sauted on both sides until crispy brown.