Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my mom's recipe for Passover pancakes. For non-Passover use, substitute regular flour for the matzo meal.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup matzo meal or 1 cup matzo cake meal
- salt and pepper
- oil, for griddle
- Lightly oil griddle or frying pan and heat the pan.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Adjust thickness of batter by adding liquid (or matzo meal).
- Pour batter into hot pan and cook the pancakes on each side.
- These are great with strawberries and yogurt.
- For non-Passover use, you can substitute regular flour for the matzo meal.
I enjoy this dish at Passover time. I eliminate pepper and serve with sour cream and strawberry jelly. You can substitute egg whites for egg, if desired.