1 hr 15 mins
Modified from a Canadian newspaper - this is AMAZING stuff! The best description of texture I can give is that this is not totally dry, but it's still crunchy. You will be questioned if it's really Kosher for Passover, you will be questioned how this is possible to make without flour. It's possible AND it's delicious, just try it! Don't half this recipe, it makes a lot, but they will fly off your table! Try variations like cranberries and your favorite nut or dried cherries and almonds instead of the chocolate chips and walnuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Grease a large cookie sheet.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together the 2 cups sugar and margarine until smooth.
- 4Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- 5Combine the cake meal, potato starch and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- 6Mix in walnuts and chocolate chips. The mixture will be heavy, don't worry.
- 7Form into 2-3 long oval loaves (not high!). Place onto the prepared baking sheet (they don't spread too much) lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking. You can use 3 disposable aluminum pans, approximately 5 x 12 by 1 inch high, also lined - and you get a very uniform product.
- 8Sprinkle the top with half the mixture of 4 teaspoons sugar and cinnamon.
- 9Check after 30-35 minutes. If lightly browned, remove from oven and let cool till warm (about 15-20 minutes). Change oven temperature to 250 degrees F.
- 10Slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar and lay pieces on sides.
- 12Bake for about 5-10 minutes on each side.
- 13IMPORTANT NOTE: Some people may find that they prefer this baked a little longer. Adjust cooking time to your personal taste.
- 14Cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passover Chocolate Mandelbrot (No Flour, Better Than Biscotti)
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 84.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 30.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
matzo cake meal