Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great nibble for Passover, we always take then on our Passover hikes.
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cake meal
- 1⁄4 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 package chocolate chips
- Cream the sugars with the margarine.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Now add the chocolate chips.
- Roll balls of dough and flatten into cookies.
- Place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F or 175 C for 10-15 minutes or until done.
Chocolate chip Passover cookies turned out great ! Added 2 tsps. of orange rind to batter for a little extra zing ! Also baked cookies at 375 for approx. 10-12 minutes. Great recipe
baking powder and baking soda are not acceptable ingredients for Passover.
Since I didn't have any Passover baking powder, I eliminated this ingredient. I think I might have used 1 1/2 t baking soda; this made a very crunchy and almost lacy cookie. Wonderful!