Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
Thought I would post these early before I forget or get too busy. These are crispy, chewy cookies and my son's favourite cookies, even when it's not Pesach!
- N. B. Can replace the chocolate chips with chopped pecans and the granulated sugar with an additional 1/2 cup of brown sugar if you want to make pecan sandies.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the brown, granulated and vanilla sugars with the butter or margarine.
- Blend in the eggs.
- Stir in the salt, cake meal and potato starch.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour or overnight for chewy cookies, do not chill if you prefer thin, crisp cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out generous teaspoonfuls of dough or roll marble sized balls.
- Place on the baking sheets, leaving room for the cookies to spread.
- Press down a little if using chilled dough.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes- watch carefully- then cool on the baking sheets for 20 to 30 minutes or place the baking sheets in the fridge to hasten cooling.
- Remove the cookies to a platter using a metal spatula.
These were a hit! The cookies are delicious and chewy! But beware, (after refrigeration) the batter spreads so much in the oven, you really need about 4 baking sheets to really spread out the cookies. On 3 cookie sheets, most of my batter blended together and I had to cut the cookies apart.
I just made these. They are amazing! I can't believe they are kosher for passover. I would eat these year round! My kids love them too.