Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love the combination of chocolate & bananas and this I found at Hershey's Kitchens, it sounds perfect for the Passover Holiday.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat egg yolks with 2/3 cup sugar in medium bowl until thick and light in color.
- Combine potato starch and cocoa; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in bananas.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Stir about 1/2 cup beaten whites into cocoa mixture.
- Gently fold cocoa mixture into remaining egg white mixture, blending well.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan; sprinkle almonds on top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until top springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. (Cake will settle and pull away from edges of pan slightly during cooling).
- Cut into squares.