Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Finally found this recipe! Southern Living, 2004. Chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3⁄4 cup crushed matzos
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground almonds (almond meal)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (not bottled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- Stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Press mixture into bottom and 1" up sides of a lightly greased 9" springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Beat in lemon rind and juice.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake at 375º for 45 minutes or until set.
- Remove cheesecake from the oven; cool on wire rack.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Gently run a knife around cheesecake, and release sides of pan.
- Leave as is, or top with berries or sauce of your choice.