1/1 Photo of Passover Carrot Almond Cake
1 hr 15 mins
You can never have enough dessert recipes for Passover. This cake recipe is from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease bottom of 8" springform pan; dust with cake meal, shaking off excess.
- 2Using electric mixer, beat yolks and brown sugar in large bowl until slowly dissolving ribbon forms when beaters are lifted, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in carrots and vanilla.
- 4Using clean, dry beaters, beat whites with salt until soft peaks form.
- 5Gradually add sugar and beat until whites are stiff but not dry. Gently fold in yolk mixture.
- 6Combine almonds, 3 tablespoons cake meal and cinnamon.
- 7Fold gently into egg mixture.
- 8Turn into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- 9Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Immediately run knife around edge.
- 10Cool completely in pan onrack.
- 11Remove springform before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passover Carrot Almond Cake
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.1
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 108.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
matzo cake meal