Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can never have enough dessert recipes for Passover. This cake recipe is from Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Passover Carrot Almond Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease bottom of 8" springform pan; dust with cake meal, shaking off excess.
- Using electric mixer, beat yolks and brown sugar in large bowl until slowly dissolving ribbon forms when beaters are lifted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in carrots and vanilla.
- Using clean, dry beaters, beat whites with salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until whites are stiff but not dry. Gently fold in yolk mixture.
- Combine almonds, 3 tablespoons cake meal and cinnamon.
- Fold gently into egg mixture.
- Turn into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Immediately run knife around edge.
- Cool completely in pan onrack.
- Remove springform before serving.
This is decadent and taste like a real carrot cake. Ate half of it in a span of few hours. Doesn't taste like Passover food. Thanks, dojemi!