Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Submitted for the 'Zaar World Tour 2005. The marmalade and coffee sound like interesting ingredients to me.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄3 cup matzo meal or 1⁄3 cup cake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Beat egg white stiff.
- Add half of the sugar and coffee and put aside.
- Beat egg yolks, add other half the sugar, and lemon juice, marmalade and meal. Combine mixtures and on lowest speed of mixer, add rest of ingredients, except the nuts, just until well mixed. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
- Fold in nuts by hand.
- Pour into 13 X 9 inch greased pan. Bake at 350° about 30 minutes.
These were very unusual and tasty. They are the fluffiest (for lack of a better word) brownies I've ever eaten...I guess you could say they have a souffle-like texture. I'll probably play around with the marmalade amount the next time I made these. I love orange and chocolate together, and the orange flavor is very subtle in this recipe. Thanks so much for posting!