A great option for Passover. I made this tonight for our seder and it was a hit. I combined two different recipes with nice results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour approximately 3 Tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of a 9 x12 glass casserole dish and set aside,.
- 2Mix wine and apricot preserves together and set aside.
- 3Set out three bowls. Beat eggs and set in one; place matzo cake meal in second and matzo meal mixed with pepper and garlic powder in 3rd.
- 4Pound chicken breasts ( not too thin). Cut in two.
- 5Dip breast half in egg, then cake meal and then matzo meal.
- 6Place in olive oil greased casserole dish. Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 miuntes, turn and add a little more olive oil if needed. Bake another 15 minutes until light brown and then pour Apricot mixture over chicken. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passover Apricot "fried" Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.1
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 172.1 mg
- Sodium 157.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
matzo cake meal