Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great option for Passover. I made this tonight for our seder and it was a hit. I combined two different recipes with nice results.
- 8 chicken breasts
- 118.29-236.59 ml matzo cake meal
- 354.88-473.18 ml matzo meal
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 473.18 ml apricot preserves
- olive oil
- Pour approximately 3 Tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of a 9 x12 glass casserole dish and set aside,.
- Mix wine and apricot preserves together and set aside.
- Set out three bowls. Beat eggs and set in one; place matzo cake meal in second and matzo meal mixed with pepper and garlic powder in 3rd.
- Pound chicken breasts ( not too thin). Cut in two.
- Dip breast half in egg, then cake meal and then matzo meal.
- Place in olive oil greased casserole dish. Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 miuntes, turn and add a little more olive oil if needed. Bake another 15 minutes until light brown and then pour Apricot mixture over chicken. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes.