Recipe by Realst8Ace
A great option for Passover. I made this tonight for our seder and it was a hit. I combined two different recipes with nice results.
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2-1 cup matzo cake meal
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups matzo meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups apricot preserves
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour approximately 3 Tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of a 9 x12 glass casserole dish and set aside,.
- Mix wine and apricot preserves together and set aside.
- Set out three bowls. Beat eggs and set in one; place matzo cake meal in second and matzo meal mixed with pepper and garlic powder in 3rd.
- Pound chicken breasts ( not too thin). Cut in two.
- Dip breast half in egg, then cake meal and then matzo meal.
- Place in olive oil greased casserole dish. Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 miuntes, turn and add a little more olive oil if needed. Bake another 15 minutes until light brown and then pour Apricot mixture over chicken. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes.