Recipe by LizCl
The best kugel ever! A delicious, easy kugel. It can be served as a side dish or a dessert.
- 3 cups matzo farfel
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 large apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Moisten farfel in a colander under water until just soft.
- Drain excess water. Set aside.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and salt to beaten eggs.
- Add melted butter and continue beating until well blended.
- Stir in farfel, walnuts, apples and raisins.
- Place mixture in a well greased 2 quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.