Recipe by Jeri Roth Lande
These quick and easy cookies are chewy and yummy. Though kosher for Passover, they contain no matzo meal, so they're also suitable for someone who's allergic to wheat. It's my modification of a recipe from The Gourmet Jewish Cook by Judy Zeidler.
Top Review by Shayna B.
They were a bit too sweet for my taste. Next time I would substitute the sugar for honey, as another reviewer previously recommended. I dipped the bottoms of each of them in melted chocolate and cooled in the fridge for 1 hour. A chocolate glaze (with or without the chocolate dipped bottoms) would improve the presentation and add another texture to the cookies. Overall, the cookies add something unique to the seder.
- 1 lb ground almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (1 standard bag)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Beat eggs and egg whites briefly.
- Mix in all the other ingredients, adding the chocolate chips last.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 min until cookie bottoms are brown, but not burnt.
- Let cool briefly, but remove while still warm.