Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Suitable for cake or pie filling, or as a spread for toast or English muffins. I use fresh passionfruits, about 6 to 8 depending on the size.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar (or 3/4 cup)
- 100 g passion fruit pulp (approx 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water (add only enough to passionfruit pulp to make up 1 cup)
- Add sufficient water to passionfruit pulp to make up 1 cup.
- Put all ingredients into a saucepan bring to a boil, then boil (but not a low simmer) for 10 minutes, stirring frequently after it boils - must not stir until it has boiled or it will go candied.
- This will thicken as it cools.